Afrobarometer (AB) is a pan-African, nonpartisan, nonprofit research network that measures the political, economic, and social atmosphere in African countries. Guided by the vision that African societies thrive when African voices count in public policy and development, AB provides high-quality data and analysis on citizens’ evaluations and experiences of democratic governance and quality of life. These are provided as a public benefit and are free to policymakers, policy advocates, civil society organisations, academics, news media, funders and investors, and ordinary citizens. Launched in 1999 in 12 countries, AB has conducted more than 350,000 interviews and is completing its ninth survey round, covering 39 countries, in 2023.
Our surveys give voice to ordinary Africans in policy-making processes. Effective analysis and communication of survey findings are thus integral parts of AB’s work. In tandem with written publications, data visualisation plays an increasingly critical role in achieving our core objectives.
To ensure that our survey findings reach intended audiences in compelling, accessible, and usable formats, we intend to engage an agency to provide data visualisation services that place AB outputs at the cutting edge of digital-first communication.
Afrobarometer is inviting qualified and experienced video production companies to submit proposals for the creation of a highly engaging stakeholder appreciation video to celebrate the successful conclusion of the Afrobarometer Round 9 (R9) survey. The survey was conducted in 36 countries across western, central, eastern, northern, and southern Africa, yielding valuable data from 49,716 respondents.
The video production company will be responsible for conceptualising and producing a visually captivating and emotionally compelling video that showcases the significance of the survey and its impact on communities, and expresses gratitude to all stakeholders involved. The video will also present key aggregate statistics from the survey round, such as the number of people interviewed, areas covered, and interviewers involved. Find some aggregate stats below:
- 49,716 people interviewed (24,843 men, 24,873 women)
- 7,004 enumeration areas covered
- 1,310 interviewers (644 men, 726 women
- 118 languages used to interview respondents
- Celebrate the successful completion of the Afrobarometer Round 9 (R9) survey.
- Express appreciation to all stakeholders, including fieldworkers, interviewers, funders, and partner organisations.
- Highlight the importance and impact of the survey data on various communities in Africa.
- Create a video with the potential to go viral and reach a wide audience.
Scope of Work:
The selected video production company will be responsible for the following:
- Ideation and concept development: Propose creative and engaging ideas for the video including storytelling, visuals, and messaging, to resonate with diverse audiences.
- Scriptwriting: Develop a compelling script that effectively communicates the significance of the survey and expresses gratitude to stakeholders.
- Video production: Shoot, edit, and produce a high-quality video incorporating provided footage from dissemination events in various countries, soundbites from fieldworkers, national partners, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Graphics and animation: Enrich the video with relevant graphics, animations, and visual effects to enhance its impact.
- Music and voiceover: Select appropriate background music and provide a professional voiceover to complement the video content.
- Video promotion: Suggest strategies for promoting the video on digital platforms to maximise its reach and potential for viral success.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
To be eligible for consideration, video production companies should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience: Demonstrated experience in producing creative and emotionally compelling videos, preferably with a focus on social impact or development-related themes.
- Storytelling expertise: Proficiency in crafting engaging and impactful narratives that resonate with diverse audiences.
- Technical excellence: Advanced video shooting, editing, and post-production capabilities, ensuring the delivery of high-quality visual content.
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to generate fresh and innovative ideas to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- Multilingual capacity: Proficiency in multiple languages, enabling effective incorporation of audio content in various languages used during the survey.
- Understanding of African context: Familiarity with the socio-cultural nuances and sensitivities of the African context to ensure authenticity in the video’s portrayal.
Interested video production companies are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal that includes:
Company profile: An overview of the company, including experience, credentials, and previous work in producing similar videos.
Creative approach: A detailed concept and approach for the stakeholder appreciation video.
Proposed timeline: A schedule outlining key milestones and the estimated time required for each phase of the project.
Budget: A transparent and itemised budget for the entire project, including any additional costs or fees.
Portfolio: Samples of previous video projects that showcase creativity, storytelling ability, and production quality.
References: Contact details of at least three references for whom the company has produced similar video projects.
The deadline for submitting the proposals is 18 August 2023 at 18:00 GMT. Please send your proposals to Shannon van Wyk-Khosa firstname.lastname@example.org and Caleb Enstir Eghan email@example.com.
The proposals will be evaluated based on creativity, production capabilities, budget, and previous experience. The selected video production company will be notified by Shannon van Wyk-Khosa firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your proposals and collaborating on this exciting project to create a remarkable stakeholder appreciation video for the Afrobarometer Round 9 (R9) survey.