Like all organizations, Afrobarometer (AB) has been forced to adapt our ways of working to the changes brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our primary objective is the protection of colleagues and communities while ensuring that African voices count in public policy and development.
- All AB staff are working remotely from home.
- All are available as usual on email, telephone, video-conferencing platforms, and WhatsApp.
- Staff will be available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. every weekday, considering time zones.
- Our time zone locations are:
- Nairobi (IDS): +3 hours UTC
- Cape Town (IJR) and Zomba, Malawi (director of survey): +2 hours UTC
- Accra (AB head office) and London (director of engagement): 0 hours UTC
- Lansing, Michigan (director of analysis) and Washington, D.C. (CEO): -4 hours UTC
- Dallas (head of publications): -5 hours UTC
For emergencies, please contact the relevant officer. Their contact details are as follows:
Central management team:
• CEO – E. Gyimah-Boadi, firstname.lastname@example.org
• COO – Felix Biga, email@example.com
• Director of Analysis – Carolyn Logan, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Director of Capacity Building – Edem Selormey, email@example.com
• Director of Engagement and Fundraising – Bruno van Dyk, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Director of Surveys – Boniface Dulani, email@example.com
Heads of department:
• Head of Communications – Sibusiso Nkomo, firstname.lastname@example.org (also partnerships)
• Head of Data Management – Jamy Felton, email@example.com
• Head of Publications – Brian Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Human Resources Manager – Kuukuah Baiden, email@example.com
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist – Samuel Baaye, firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional project managers:
• East Africa – Abel Oyuke, email@example.com
• Francophone Africa – Richard Houessou, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Southern Africa – Anyway Chingwete, email@example.com
• West and North Africa – Daniel Armah Attoh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remain safe during this time of global challenge and we look forward to ensuring that we continue to meet our important objectives.
We thank you for your interest in our activities and trust that you are keeping safe while we cope with the global pandemic.