Afrobarometer (AB) is a pan-African, nonpartisan, nonprofit research organisation that measures the political, economic, and social atmosphere in African countries. Guided by the vision of a world in which Africa’s development is anchored in the realities and aspirations of its people, AB provides high-quality data and analysis on citizens’ evaluations and experiences of democratic governance and quality of life. These are provided as a public benefit and are free to policy makers, policy advocates, civil society organisations, academics, news media, donors and investors, and ordinary Africans. Launched in 1999 in 12 countries, AB has conducted more than 370,000 interviews in nine survey rounds, covering 39 countries in 2021/2023. Our surveys give voice to ordinary Africans in policy-making processes.
Afrobarometer (AB) is set to celebrate its 25th corporate anniversary in July 2024. In keeping with its current brand, Afrobarometer is seeking to create a logo to mark the anniversary.
The logo shall encapsulate the essence and values of the Afrobarometer brand as a pan-African, non-partisan survey research organisation that conducts public attitude surveys on democracy, governance, the economy, and society – an organisation encompassing more than 35 National Partners in African countries responsible for data collection, analysis, and in-country dissemination of findings.
Scope of work
A successful submission will include one or two logo designs with the following:
- A graphic element with the words “Afrobarometer: Africa’s voices for action” in both landscape and portrait orientations
- A logo overlay that incorporates the words “25th anniversary” or “25 years”
- Full-colour, single-colour, and black & white versions (in English, French, Portuguese, and Arabic)
- High-resolution (600 dpi min) EPS file format of final approved logos
- Jpg, png, and pdf formats of final approved logos
- Logos must be created for both web and print media.
- Providers must represent and warrant that the proposed logos do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other individual or entity.
- Afrobarometer will retain copyrights of the logos created by the designer and/or firm.
The call is open only to African companies and individuals specialised in communication and graphic design.
Proposals must be submitted in high resolution, along with a written description of the design concept.
How the logo will be used and where it will appear:
- Print media and all corporate communications
- Website and all social media channels (YouTube, Instagram, X, Linkedin, Flickr)
- Event signage and banners
- Promotional videos
- Marketing and other communications’ collaterals
This call for proposals opens on Wednesday, 8 November 2023, and will end on Friday, 24 November 2023. The vendor selection process will begin thereafter.
Interested service providers should submit an Expression of Interest by 24 November 2023 at 18:00 GMT to email@example.com with the subject line “AB@25 logo design.”
Award for the selected provider:
Winning submission: $2,500
Top two runners-up honorariums: $500 each
This will be the only compensation provided by Afrobarometer for participating in this CFP.