Longterm institutional funding will allow us to expand, consolidate, and be more innovative in our approaches to deliver on our core objectives, including the following:
- Expand country coverage so that our work represents an ever-larger share of the continent’s population.
- Conduct both traditional face-to-face surveys and rapid-response phone surveys.
- Reach new audiences and promote greater uptake of AB data among policy actors by developing new outreach tools, new outlets to share findings, and new data and communications partnerships at the local, national, continental, and global levels.
- Strengthen promotion of democracy, good governance and anti-corruption, human rights, and rule of law by broadening and deepening our tracking and analysis on these topics and by building strategic partnerships with stakeholders and like-minded organisations.
- Nurture the next generation of African researchers, analysts, and communication experts through expanded capacity building and mentoring programs, especially among women and youth.
- Attract resources from a more diverse array of funders and supporters who share our vision and values.
Please see our organisational Case for Support next, and our plans for long-term funding at the end of the page.
Our intention is to secure the long-term sustainability of public opinion research as an important part of African democracy, especially by garnering multi-year contributions to support our programs.
We invite all grant makers who wish to fund our important work, wherever you may be located, to discuss this with the Director of Engagement, Bruno van Dyk, firstname.lastname@example.org
In particular, for U.S.-based individual and corporate funders seeking tax-efficient giving, contributions can be made to the Friends of Afrobarometer fund at KBFUS (a public charity within the meaning of sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) of the IRS, which are tax-deductible to the maximum allowed by U.S. tax law).
If you are an individual or a corporate entity based in the U.S. and wish to support us, therefore, this is how to proceed:
Gifts by check: Address your check to KBFUS, write “Friends of Afrobarometer” in the memo section of the check, and send it to KBFUS, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
Gifts by wire transfer or to contribute other types of property: Contact KBFUS via email at email@example.com or phone (212) 713-7660.