At a glance
- Attitude towards emigration: About one-third of Ghanaians declare an intention to emigrate within a year or two, while about one in ten Ghanaians are currently planning to emigrate.
- Political party vigilantism: Majority of Ghanaians (88%) “approve” that government prosecutes and punishes members of political party vigilante groups that engage in acts of lawlessness, irrespective of their party affiliation.
- Mob justice: Eighty-two percent agree citizens should always rely solely on the Police in dealing with criminals.
- Illegal small scale mining: Three-fourths (74%) of Ghanaians say people should not engage in illegal small-scale mining for any reason.
- Ghanaians’ perception of corruption: Most Ghanaians perceive some public and private sector officials, and informal leaders as corrupt.