Results: South Africa
- Press Release: South Africans bemoan the presence of foreigners in their spaces [19 February 2015]
- Media Briefing: Confronting the “Triple Challenge: Findings on poverty, inequality and unemployment from Afrobarometer Surveys in South Africa [19 February 2015]
- WP152: Mattes, Robert and Samantha Richmond - Are South Africa's youth really a 'ticking time bomb' - 2015
- WP151: Mattes, Robert - South Africa’s emerging black middle class: A harbinger of political change? - 2014
- BP112: Mataure, Mandla - Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa - 2013
- BP110: Wielders, Iris - Perceptions and Realities of Corruption in South Africa - 2013
- BP108: Graham, Paul - Party Identification in South Africa: Profiles for the ANC and the DA - 2012
- BP104: Graham, Paul and Carmen Alpin - Public Attitudes Toward the President of the Republic of South Africa, Jacob Zuma - 2012
- BP102: Lavery, Jerry - Protest and Political Participation in South Africa: Time Trends and Characteristics of Protesters - 2012
- Poverty Indicators Bulletin [23 January 2013]
- Summary of Results
- Press Release - Poor South Africans More Active, but Less Well Served by Government [25 February 2013]
- Media Briefing - Key Findings from Round 5 [15 January 2013]
- Press Release - Results on Media Freedom and Democracy [14 March 2012]
- A row in South Africa highlights ANC’s ebb Quartz 21 [February 2015]
- SA does not trust foreigners - surveynews24 9 October 2012 [article]
- SA remains 'fertile ground for xenophonbia - surveyBusiness Day 9 October 2012 [article]
- 6 in 10 South Africans happy with their democracyThe Associated Press 14 March 2012 [article]
- "Democracy is preferable"Independent Online 20 March 2012 [article]
- Jobs remains number one concern in SA: AfrobarometerBusiness Day 20 March 2012 [article]
- South Africans feel good about economy: AfrobarometerBusiness Day 20 March 2012 [article]
- Zuma gets vote of confidenceIndepdendent Online 23 March 2012 [article]
- More South Africans believe politicians are corruptMail & Guardian 28 March 2102 [article]
- Public has lost trust in officialsIndependent Online 28 March 2012 [article]
- South Africa: Results of Afrobarometer Round 5allAfrica.com 15 March 2012 [press release]
- Summary of Results, South Africa 2008.
- Summary of Democracy Indicators, South Africa 2000-2008.
- Briefing Paper No. 76: "Proportional Representation and Popular Assessments of MP Performance in South Africa : a Desire for Electoral Reform?"
- Briefing Paper No. 82: "Tolerance in South Africa: Exploring Popular Attitudes Toward Foreigners."
- Working Paper No. 131: "The “Born Frees”: The Prospects for Generational Change in Post-Apartheid South Africa."
- Summary of Results, South Africa 2005.
- Briefing Paper No. 41: "Is South Africa’s Public Service “User Friendly”?
- Briefing Paper No. 42: "Surging Economic Optimism Amid Enduring Poverty."
- Briefing Paper No. 43: "Resurgent Perceptions of Corruption in South Africa
- Briefing Paper No. 44: "South Africans' Rating of Government Performance."
- Briefing Paper No. 45: "The Public Agenda: Change and Stability in South Africans’ Ratings of National Priorities."
- Working Paper No. 62: Bratton, Michael and Mxolisi Sibanyoni. "Delivery or Responsiveness? A Popular Scorecard of Local Government Performance in South Africa."
- Working Paper No. 82: Mattes, Robert. "Democracy Without People: Political Institutions and Citizenship in the New South Africa." 2007
- Summary of Results, South Africa 2004
- Briefing Paper No. 13: "Lived Poverty in South Africa." 2005.
- Briefing Paper No. 14: "AIDS and Public Opinion in South Africa." 2005.
- Briefing Paper No. 5: “The Changing Public Agenda? South Africans' Assessments of the Country's Most Pressing Problems.”
- Briefing Paper No. 6: Political Party Support in South Africa: Trends since 1994
- Working Paper No. 24: Mattes, Robert, Christiaan Keulder, Annie B. Chikwana, Cherrel Africa and Yul Derek Davids. "Democratic Governance in South Africa: The People's View." 2003.
- Working Paper No. 8: Mattes, Robert, Yul Derek Davids and Cherrel Africa. "Views of Democracy in South Africa and the Region: Trends and Comparisons." 2000.