Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa
Most Recent Results and Event Announcements
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Botswana
- Press Release: Batswana decry self-interest of politicians but continue to support the ruling party [25 September 2014]
- Press Release: Botswana’s government performance is in decline and Batswana trust their institutions much less in 2014 [25 September 2014]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Malawi
- Press Release: Malawians Support a Strong Parliament in Spite of Disappointment with Their Representatives [24 September 2014]
- AD2 (English): Chunga, Joseph J. - Malawians Support a Strong Parliament Despite Disappointment with Representatives - 2014
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Lesotho
- Press Release (English) - Amid Political Upheaval, Basotho Support Democratic Process, Reject Military Rule; Trust in Political Institutions Remains Low [4 September 2014]
Most Recent Policy Papers
Most Recent Briefing Papers
Gender Equality and the Participation of Women in Public Office in Swaziland
Briefing Paper 147 (English): Low participation of women in election campaigning in Swaziland.
East African Federation: Tanzanian Awareness of Economic and Political Integration Remains Poor, But There Is Growing Support for Political Links
Briefing Paper 146 (English): Examines Tanzanians' awareness and support of East African integration.
Most Recent Working Papers
A Vote of Confidence: Retrospective Voting in Africa
Working Paper 147 (English): Retrospective voting is a powerful explanation for recurring incumbent support in light of macroeconomic booms occurring throughout the region since the mid-1990s.
What Drives Quality of Schools in Africa? Disentangling Social Capital and Ethnic Divisions
Working Paper 146 (English): Employs Afrobarometer data to test the role of social capital and ethnic divisions in determining the quality of schools.