Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa
Most Recent Results and Event Announcements
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Namibia
- Press Release - Namibians Express Strong Policy Preferences in Comparison to the Government [18 November 2014]
- Press Release - Namibia Manages the Economy Well, But Creates Too Few Jobs [18 November 2014]
- Media Briefing -Namibians’ Public Policy Preferences [18 November 2014]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Ghana
- Press Release: Ghanaians' Evaluations of Public Service Delivery [13 November 2014]
- Media Briefing: Ghanaians' Evaluations of Public Service Delivery [13 November 2014]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Lesotho
- Press Release - Basotho Dissatisfied with the Way Democracy is Working [12 November 2014]
- Press Release - Basotho Disappointed with Elected Leaders’ Performance [12 November 2014]
- Media Briefing - Government and Leaders' Performance and Democracy [12 November 2014]
Most Recent Policy Papers
Who says elections in Ghana are ‘free and fair’?
Policy Paper No. 15: Are elections "free and fair" only if you're on the winning side? Afrobarometer considers the case of Ghana.
Women and Democracy in Zimbabwe
Policy Paper No. 14: In Zimbabwe, women support the notion of democracy but are not very satisfied with the variety that is practiced.
Most Recent Dispatches & Briefing Papers
Political accountability in East African countries: Who should make MPs and councillors do their jobs?
Who should hold MPs and local government councillors accountable for doing their jobs? Views from East Africa.
Au Sénégal, les Progrès en Education à la Traîne Malgré les Investissements
Briefing Paper 149 (Français): Au Sénégal, la hausse de l’effort public d’éducation contraste avec un sentiment d’insatisfaction des citoyens.
Developing Africa’s infrastructure: The rough road to better services
A special Dispatch on the scope of the infrastructure challenges facing Africa to celebrate African Statistics Day 2014.
Most Recent Working Papers
Why do some Africans pay bribes while other Africans don't?
Working Paper 148 (English): An examination of factors that help explain variations in behavior, both within and between countries, with regard to the payment of bribes.
A Vote of Confidence: Retrospective Voting in Africa
Working Paper 147 (English): Retrospective voting is a powerful explanation for recurring incumbent support in light of macroeconomic booms occurring throughout the region since the mid-1990s.