Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa
Most Recent Results, Events and News
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Lesotho
- Press Release - Basotho Cling to their Independence in Spite of Serious Political and Economic Challenges [16 December 2014]
- Press Release - Despite ‘Bad’ Economic Conditions, Basotho Increasingly Optimistic About the Future [16 December 2014]
- Media Briefing - Government and Leaders’ Performance and Democracy [16 December 2014]
Special Release from Togo
Press Release: Togolese Voice Strong Support for Two-term Limit (EN) [7 December 2014]
Press Release: Les Togolais sont favorables à la limitation des mandats présidentiels (FR) [7 December 2014]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Ghana
- Press Release: Ghanaians Largely Perceive Public Officials as Corrupt [2 December 2014]
- Media Briefing: Trust and Corruption in Public Institutions: Ghanaian Opinions [2 December 2014]
Most Recent Policy Papers
Who says elections in Ghana are ‘free and fair’?
Policy Paper No. 15: Are elections "free and fair" only if you're on the winning side? Afrobarometer considers the case of Ghana.
Women and Democracy in Zimbabwe
Policy Paper No. 14: In Zimbabwe, women support the notion of democracy but are not very satisfied with the variety that is practiced.
Most Recent Dispatches & Briefing Papers
Malgré la Crise Vécue, les Ivoiriens Affirment leur Soutien pour la Démocratie
Briefing Paper 151 (Français) - Au sortir d’une longue crise politico-militaire, les Ivoiriens sont fortement attachés aux éléments fondamentaux de la démocratie et de la bonne gouvernance.
La limitation des mandats au Togo: Les populations unies face à une classe politique divisée?
Afrobarometer Dispatch No. 9 (Français)
Les Burkinabè Préfèrent l’Impartialité Politique de Leurs Chefs Traditionnels
Briefing Paper 150 (Français) - Chefs coutumiers comme candidats? La majorité des Burkinabè s’opposent à une implication des chefs coutumiers dans la politique active.
Most Recent Working Papers
Why do some Africans pay bribes while other Africans don't?
Working Paper 148 (English): An examination of factors that help explain variations in behavior, both within and between countries, with regard to the payment of bribes.
A Vote of Confidence: Retrospective Voting in Africa
Working Paper 147 (English): Retrospective voting is a powerful explanation for recurring incumbent support in light of macroeconomic booms occurring throughout the region since the mid-1990s.