Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa
Appel d’Offres: Enquête Afrobaromètre au Gabon
Afrobarometer recrute actuellement un partenaire de recherche pour notre enquête Gabon.
Most Recent Results and Events
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Mauritius
- Press Release - Mauritians want term limits for the Prime Minister and transparent political party financing[26 February 2015]
- Media Briefing - Political Reforms: A term limit for the Prime Minister and Transparent Funding for Parties [26 February 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Togo
- Press Release - Les Togolais désirent fortement les élections locales [25 February 2015]
- Press Release - Les Togolais sont en faveur d’une plus grande inclusion politique et économique de leur diaspora [25 February 2015]
- Press Release - La CENI peine à gagner la confiance des Togolais [25 February 2015]
- Media Briefing - Les Togolais se prononcent sur la CENI, la diaspora et la décentralisation [25 February 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Burundi
- Press Release: Les Burundais soutiennent la démocratie, mais il y a une forte défiance vis-à-vis des dirigeants politiques [25 February 2015]
- Press Release: Soutien du public à une presse forte et libre et inquiétudes autour de la liberté d’expression et du traitement égal devant la loi [25 February 2015]
- Media Briefing: La démocratie, la redevabilité, et la peur de s’exprimer en politique [25 February 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Tanzania
- Press Release - China Influence Seen as Strong, Positive in Tanzania [25 February 2015]
- Media Briefing - Chinese Engagement in Tanzania: Is it Considered Positive or Negative by Tanzanians? [25 February 2015]
Special release from South Africa
- Press Release: South Africans bemoan the presence of foreigners in their spaces [19 February 2015]
- Media Briefing: Confronting the “Triple Challenge: Findings on poverty, inequality and unemployment from Afrobarometer Surveys in South Africa [19 February 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Côte d'Ivoire
- Press Release: La situation ex-combattants préoccupe les Ivoiriens [17 February 2015]
- Press Release: Les Ivoiriens dénoncent des intimidations politiques lors du processus électorale et suggèrent des pistes pour une élection présidentielle apaisée en 2015 [17 February 2015]
- Press Release: Les Ivoiriens indiquent la voie de la réconciliation nationale et de la cohésion sociale [17 February 2015]
- Media Briefing: Réconciliation nationale, élection présidentielle 2015 apaisée en Côte d’Ivoire [17 February 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Nigeria
- AD11 (English): Nengak Daniel, Raphael Mbaegbu, and Peter Lewis - Nigeria heads for closest election on record - 2015
Most Recent Policy Papers
Contesting and turning over power: Implications for consolidation of democracy in Lesotho
In Lesotho, increased demand for democracy, supply of democracy, and levels of trust in governance institutions point toward democratic consolidation.
Support for the formation of a federation of East African states: Citizens’ attitudes in Kenya and Tanzania
Would Tanzania and Kenya benefit from an East African Federation? Their citizens aren't too sure. Here's what they say.
Most Recent Dispatches & Briefing Papers
In Malawi, women lag in political participation; support for women’s leadership declines
Despite having been led by southern Africa’s first female president, Malawi has made little progress toward equal political participation by women.
Malawians admire South Africa as development model, see strong influence of U.S. and China
South Africa ranks highest among models for Malawi’s future development. The United States is the second-most-popular model and is regarded as the most influential country in Malawi.
Batswana affirm their personal freedoms but disapprove of same-sex relationships
Batswana affirm their freedoms of expression, association, and electoral choice but are not supportive of freedom of sexual orientation.
Most Recent Working Papers
The face of African infrastructure: Service availability and citizens’ demands
Which infrastructure services do Africans have, and which do they want?
Do men and women have different policy preferences, and if so, why?
When it comes to policy preferences, some gender gaps are better than others.