Citizen Perceptions of Migration in South Africa
Call for bids for appointment as Afrobarometer research partner for the South Africa survey
Afrobarometer is currently recruiting for a research partner for our South Africa survey.
Most Recent Results and Events
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Burundi
- Press Release: Une majorité de Burundais soutiennent la limitation des mandats présidentiels à deux [30 January 2015]
- Press Release: Le CNDD-FDD sort favori des intentions de vote [30 January 2015]
- Media Briefing: Les Burundais ont foi dans les élections libres et transparentes. Et à l’alternance au sommet de l’Etat après deux mandats [30 January 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Nigeria
- AD11: Nengak Daniel, Raphael Mbaegbu, and Peter Lewis - Nigeria heads for closest election on record - 2015
- Press release - Nigeria heads for closest election on record, survey shows [27 January 2015]
- Media Briefing - Nigeria's February 14 elections: Popular opinions and attitudes [27 January 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Benin
- Press Release - Le modèle chinois rivalise les autres modèles de développement [22 January 2015]
- Media Briefing - Le modèle chinois rivalise les autres modèles de développement [22 January 2015]
- Press Release - Moins de violences, plus de participation pour les femmes béninoises? [22 January 2015]
- Media Briefing - Violences à l’endroit des femmes et participation citoyenne [22 January 2015]
Results from the Round 6 Survey in Lesotho
- AD12 (English): Malephane, Libuseng and Mamello Nkuebe -Basotho less supportive of women’s political leadership, opposed to traditional chieftain role - 2015
- Media Briefing: Gender and Leadership [20 January 2015]
Most Recent Policy Papers
Support for the formation of a federation of East African states: Citizens’ attitudes in Kenya and Tanzania
Would Tanzania and Kenya benefit from an East African Federation? Their citizens aren't too sure. Here's what they say.
Who says elections in Ghana are ‘free and fair’?
Policy Paper No. 15: Are elections "free and fair" only if you're on the winning side? Afrobarometer considers the case of Ghana.
Most Recent Dispatches & Briefing Papers
Basotho less supportive of women’s political leadership, opposed to traditional chieftain role
In Lesotho, a majority of women believe in political equality -- but still support the law that bars daughters from the chieftaincy.
Nigeria heads for closest election on record
Nigeria's 2015 elections: Outcome is too close to call.
Going in the Wrong Direction? Ugandans Report Declining Government Effectiveness
In Uganda, government may have to work harder to regain positive performance ratings.
Most Recent Working Papers
Are South Africa’s youth really a ‘ticking time bomb’?
Democratic citizenship in South Africa: Young people aren't the problem.
South Africa’s emerging black middle class: A harbinger of political change?
Working Paper 151 (English): Does the rise of the black middle class signal a new non-racial dimension in South African politics?